Industry waste and global greenhouse gas emissions are affecting the planet in ways that are altering all life on Earth. It’s the biggest, most urgent problem we face and why we've chosen a circulatory clothing and lifestyle strategy moving forward.
WHAT IS "SUSTAINABLE FASHION"?
It means a lot of different things but in short, sustainable fashion is a solution to fighting climate change within the clothing and fashion industry.
The goals are carbon neutral, zero waste, save the planet. A mix of creativity, community and communication coming together to keep Earth, people and industry healthy as f^_^k - forever.
Sustainable industries also advance things like:
- The 3 pillars of sustainability (economic, environmental and social)
- Neat AF innovations within five key industries including > Food, Beverage and Consumer Goods > Healthcare and Life Sciences > Industrial Manufacturing > Transportation > Energy, Natural Resources, Chemicals
- Climate action (Doing something about the problem)
- A circular economy (this link goes to another website and describes it in much greater detail)
WHY WE USE ORGANIC COTTON
Organic cotton offers a solution to reducing greenhouse gas emissions - How it's farmed.
- These techniques do not include the use of toxic chemicals and pesticides preventing contaminates from poisoning the environment and ending up in the clothing we put on our skin
- Organic cotton uses 91% less fresh water than conventional cotton farming
- Organic cotton holds a high score for resilience to climatic stresses like drought and floods and generates higher yields than conventionally grown crops in unfavourable weather conditions
- Organic cotton requires healthy soil which requires crop rotation
- Rotating a crop improves the soil's fertility level by feeding it vital nutrients and minerals and encourages crop recycling
- Plus, as an added bonus the soil has a greater, natural ability to hold on to the water - reducing excess runoff
"Such microscopic. Very organisms. Many nutes. Wow." - Doge
WHY WE USE RECYCLEABLE AND BIODEGRADABLE MATERIALS
In two words: Waste Management. In one, hyphenated word that we just made up now: Sanitation-Sensation! Jokes aside:
- Using recycled synthetics reduces discarded garments and plastic water bottles from ending up in landfills and oceans
- Refurbishing clothing is circular AF
- We use water-based, bio-degradable neopigment inks by Kornit on all of our designs. The inks are GOTS (Global Organic Textile Standard) approved and are free of heavy metals, formaldehyde and (APE) Alkylphenol Ethoxylates
WHY EVERYTHING IS MADE-TO-ORDER
- Everything is made to order which means we only produce and ship what you order
- A classic "less is more" situation. Not ordering in bulk significantly reduces overproduction waste
- Made-to-order items also drastically reduce freshwater usage and GHG emissions in production and shipping
"GO-GO GLOBAL DISTRIBUTION CENTERS!!" - Inspector Gadget
- We can ship to anyone with a valid address here on Earth
- We are always refining how we get from point A to point B. The transportation industry currently contributes to 1/4 of total global GHG emissions to keep up with humanity
- Having distribution centers around the world shortens the shipping distances from us to you
- This reduces both GHG's and delivery times
REDUCING, REUSING AND RECYCLING WASTE IN PACKAGING IS KEY
"But, Le how?" - You, probably... ^_^
- Not wasting a lot of space and not using an excessive amount of void-fill (cushioning) when packing and fulfilling orders
- Putting returns to good use by reusing discarded mats (materials) and donating unclaimed clothing to good will projects
- We use recyclable packaging
We know the road is long and we're heading in the right direction. We love hearing from people passionate about living sustainably and how to improve our process.
> If you have any questions, comments, requests or know how we can improve please contact us here email@example.com