That Page On Sustainability
WHAT IS CIRCULARITY?
Circularity is the principle that used or discarded products serve as raw materials for new products or materials. By participating in a circular economy, we focus on preserving the value of raw materials, components and products.
WHY WE USE ORGANIC COTTON & HEMP
Organic cotton and hemp offer a solution to reducing greenhouse gas emissions - How they're farmed.
WHAT IS REGENERATIVE AGRICULTURE?
Regenerative agriculture is a conservation and rehabilitation approach to food and farming systems. It focuses on topsoil regeneration, increasing biodiversity, improving the water cycle, enhancing ecosystem services, supporting biosequestration, increasing resilience to climate change, and strengthening the health and vitality of farm soil.
"Such microscopic. Very organisms. Many nutes. Wow." - Doge
6 Fun Facts About Organically Grown Crops
- Organic crops require healthy soil. Healthy soil is the foundation of a healthy environment
- Regenerative farming techniques do not include the use of toxic chemicals and pesticides
- Regenerative farming feeds the soil vital minerals and nutrients via crop rotation giving it a greater, natural ability to hold on to water and to sequester (reduce) greenhouse gas (GHG)
- Organic crops use less fresh water than conventional cotton farming
- Organic crops (OC)'s hold the high score for resilience to climatic stressors like drought and floods
- OC's generate higher yields than conventionally grown crops in unfavourable weather conditions
WHY WE USE RECYCLEABLE AND BIODEGRADABLE MATERIALS
In two words: Waste Management.
Materials like plastic, polyester, rayon, nylon etc. take 100's of years to break down; if at all, emit a lot of excess greenhouse gasses and leach toxic, damaging chems (chemicals like EDC's) into the environment.
- Recycling synthetic materials reduces synthetic material waste by reusing them in production rather than shipping them off to another country or to be incinerated into the atmosphere
- The recycling process also drastically reduces GHG's (greenhouse gasses) by not having to source new/virgin synthetic materials
- We use water-based, bio-degradable neopigment inks by Kornit on all of our designs. The inks and dyes are GOTS (Global Organic Textile Standard) approved and are free of heavy metals, formaldehyde and (APE) Alkylphenol Ethoxylates
What is Recycled Polyester?
Recycled polyester (r-pet for short) is a fabric that’s produced from synthetic fibres. Recycled polyester is produced by recycling existing materials (like plastic bottles and packaging) but still has all the characteristics and performance as a regular polyester, making it a more sustainable fabric alternative.
How is Recycled Polyester Made?
Recycled polyester is made by crushing plastic products into small pieces. These small pieces are then processed into yarn, transformed into a fibre, and in the end—made into a fabric.
What Are The Advantages of Recycled Polyester?
Producing rPet requires 33% to 53% less energy than creating polyester from scratch and produces an average of 54.6% fewer CO2 emissions into the air.
Using recycled materials to make things like our bikini tops reduces global plastic waste and prevents new additions to landfills and oceans.
WHY EVERYTHING IS MADE-TO-ORDER
- A classic "less is more" scenario. Everything is made to order which means we only produce and ship what you order
- Not ordering clothing and accessories in bulk significantly reduces overproduction waste, freshwater usage and GHG emissions in both production and shipping
GO-GO GLOBAL DISTRIBUTION CENTERS
- We can ship to anyone with a valid address on Earth
- We are always refining how we get from us to you. The transportation industry currently contributes to 1/4 of total global GHG (greenhouse gas) emissions to keep up with humanity
- Having distribution centers around the world shortens both the shipping distance and delivery time helping reduce GHG's produced in transport
REDUCING, REUSING AND RECYCLING WASTE IN PACKAGING IS KEY
- Reducing space-waste and not using an excessive amount of void-fill (cushioning) when packing and fulfilling orders
- Reusing the mats (materials) or donating unclaimed clothing to good will projects (homeless shelters, halfway houses and second-hand outlets)
- We use recyclable packaging
- Global deforestation rates
- Trees make air breathable (among numerous other benefits)
- We plant a minimum of 10 trees with every order
- North America
- South America
- The Pacific
The future is bright and we're heading in the natural direction. Join the movement forward through a more circular, sustainable life. For questions and additional help, please fill out the contact form or send us a DM via Linktr.ee or use the live chat bubble during store hours.